Are you a Talented 3rd / 4th line engineer, are you tired of the commute to London and would like to work in Welwyn Garden City? If yes then read on!
Based at our Welwyn Garden City Office reporting directly to the Senior Management, you will be a key member of our Technical Team. You will be the senior technical resource; dealing with high level technical design, projects and escalations; the ‘go-to’ person.
This position will aid in the design and support responsibilities for infrastructure and data communications systems throughout our client base as a primary role and will further support other members of the team in providing support for VMware and Hyper-V environments. Any travel industry experience especially in supporting travel applications and operations and/or healthcare experience would be highly desirable.
You will be required to perform scheduled and ad-hoc out of hours and project work (weekend and evenings) for major upgrades, system relocation and moves.
You will be:
- An experienced, and talented engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Able to demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude being willing to go the ‘extra mile’
- Able to communicate well with customers and colleagues being able to lead and motivate by example
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Flexible in your approach to travel and projects undertaken
- Willing to be part of the out of hours on-call rota
- Smart both mentally and in physical appearance
- Be the point of escalation for 2nd line tickets
- Hyper-V virtualization with System Centre Virtual Machine Manager
- HP San configuration and maintenance
- Windows server, Active Directory rollout and configuration skills
- Experience in Application architecture including but not limited to SQL, IIS, Tomcat etc
- Working with Terminal services, Xen App, Citrix
- Server configuration , migration and troubleshooting
- Hold Microsoft,VMware Certifications or show ability to work towards these.
- Veeam and other Enterprise backup solutions
- Optional skills that would be an advantage
- Proficiency in networking infrastructure
- Cisco Qualification and experience
- Windows Desktop rollout and configuration skills
- Office 365, Azure or AWS experience
We offer in house training across the wide range of services we offer, and encourage all of our team to seek professional qualifications via Microsoft or Cisco etc. which we will pay for (but you have to learn it!). Whilst we like our team members to touch as wide a range of technologies as possible, we also believe that it is essential that we help you discover which ones you excel at. ICE is a fun place to work, and has an excellent team spirit, but at the same time when it comes to what we do, we take things very seriously.
This is a great permanent opportunity allowing candidates to maximise their career potential. If you are interested please apply immediately.
Job Type: Full-time